ISO 22317 (ISO/TS 22317:2015) - Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
ISO/TS 22317:2015 guides organizations to develop, implement and maintain a proper Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process. Though the technical specifications of ISO 22317 do not provide a uniform pattern for performing analysis but it helps organizations to develop appropriate and necessary processes as per their needs.
ISO/TS 22317:2015 is not specific to any industry type, format and size of an organization, therefore, it can be applied to any business. Guidance from this standard can be adapted as per the needs, organizational objectives, available resources, capabilities and limitations of an organization.
Benefits of ISO 22317 - Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Establishing relationship between products, processes and activities
- Adjusting the scope of organizational business continuity programs
- Understanding the actual needs of business partners, third parties and user base
- Understanding the impact of legal and regulatory requirements on business continuity
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, techniques and tools to efficiently manage BIA processes.
Effective and Proper adaptation of ISO 22317 will help organizations to effectively manage business continuity life cycle which ultimately results in multiple benefits, focused leadership, better planning and successful business strategies.