ISO 28000 - Supply Chain Security Management System (SCSMS)
ISO 28000:2007 describes the requirements for security management systems designed for supply chain management activities. Supply Chain Security Management System is linked with multiple aspects of supply chain business especially to those that are most critical and required for security assurance. These aspects are usually all of the supply chain security related activities that an organization is controlling or have influence on them. There are some other aspects that should be dealt separately when they starting to make impact on security management like transportation etc.
ISO 28000:2007 - Supply Chain Security Management System (SCSMS) does not limited to a specific type or format of organization. It can be used in any type of organization, whether its small, medium or large enterprise. Most common usage of this standard is visible in manufacturing, warehouses and transportation companies.
- Organizations looking to establish and implement a security management system
- Organizations seeking to improve their existing security system
- Gaining compatibility with legal and approved security policies
- Demonstration of conformity to business partners and third parties
- Organizations trying to get accredited for their security management systems.
Benefits of ISO 28000:2007 / Supply Chain Security Management System (SCSMS)
- Helps trading business grow.
- Streamlines goods transportation across national and international border.
- Efficient monitoring and management of security issues involved in supply chain management.
- Competitive advantage ultimately gets new business opportunities.
- Securing the supply chain business's internal processes.
- Assuring third parties regarding the safety of employees, stock, transportation means and services.
- Helps management to allocate valuable resources where their actual requirement is
- Cross comparison of your internal security practices with industry proven best practices.
- Less security breaches results in lower costs and higher profits