ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
In Rio Summit (1992), discussions were made regarding Environment Management System (EMS) which were published later in 1996 as ISO 14001. This standard provides guideline for the effectiveness of EMS. It also provides a comprehensive framework for organizations to follow.
EMS can be used by any organization. It is not limited to organizations' size, region, work location or business type. This standard not only comply with established environmental policy and requirements but also improves existing environment management system.
Comprehensive framework of Environmental Management System (EMS) Standard - ISO 14001:2015 monitors environmental affect caused by organization's production process. The affect can either be immediate, short term or long term.
Benefits of ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
- Efficient usage of resources
- Reduction in Wastage
- Lowering production costs
- Monitoring environmental affect
- Opportunities to have more business
- Meeting the legal and moral obligations
- Gain trust of consumers
- Improving environmental imapct
- Controlling global warming issues