OHSAS 18001 - Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series
OHSAS 18001 is a combination of 18001 and 18002 and is alternative for British Standard 8800. Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series helps organizations to minimize health and safety related issues regarding their employees, machinery or even the organization itself.
Multiple leading national standards bodies, certification bodies and specialists have contributed to develop this standard.
There are many legislation regarding occupational health and safety worldwide in recent years. Therefore, a safety management system should assist the organization with health and regulatory policies. Regular organizational audits ensures that the organization is coping with health and safety obligations accordingly.
Benefits of Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS 18001)
- Effective protection of employees and assets
- Safe working environment increases productivity of employees
- OHSMS shows that organization is meeting the legal and social responsibilities effectively.
- Employees have more awareness regarding their safety.
- Independent audits and monitoring results verify that organization is meeting the expectations. If there are some issues, they can be identified quickly.
- Properly implemented safety management system helps organization lower their cost in longer run of the business.