IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Management System
IATF 16949 describes the prerequisites of a Quality Management System (QMS) for automotive industry. IATF stands for "International Automotive Task Force". This new standard replaces replaces ISO/TS 16949:2009 and revised 6th time in June, 2018. ISO/TS 16949 was introduced in year 1999 in order to synchronize various assessment and certification schemes of supply chain management for automotive industry.
IATF 16949 focuses on developing a QMS that further provides guidance in continual improvements, minimizing defects ration, reduction in variations and less wastage in supply chain process. This standard combines customer specific requirements and QMS requirements for production procedures, services, accessories and provision of spare parts.
IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Management System is 100% aligned with the globally recognized structure and requirements of ISO 9001 and can't be used as independent standard. Therefore, it's usage becomes beneficial when combined with ISO 9001.
The benefits of IATF 16949
- Can classify you as world class automotive supplier
- Can be integrated with other management standards
- Can increase quality and continual improvements within the organization
- Can increase harmony and mutual understandings between leadership and workers
- Can mitigate risks
- Can increase opportunities seeking abilities