TL 9000 - Telecom QMS
TL 9000 is a Telecom Quality Management System (TL QMS), particularly crafted for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry by Quality Excellence for Suppliers of Telecommunications (QuEST). It's roots comes from globally recognized ISO 9001 Standard It is based around ISO 9001. Main purpose of TL 9000 is to improve the procedures & processes, quality of products and services of ICT industry.
TL 9000 - Quality Management System (TL QMS) describes the requirements for designing, development processes, production functions and quality of services for Telecom Companies all around the world. This standard also helps companies in evaluation of quality standard implementation and implementation of quality improvement programs.
The TL 9000 - Telecom QMS standard is a unique extension of ISO 90001 and adds additional requirements as follows:
- Measuring performance of products based on their reliability
- Development of Software and products' life-cycle
- Installation, Customization and Engineering Requirements
- Better communications between suppliers and telecom operators
- Gathering quality assessment data in a central location
The benefits of TL 9000 Telecom QMS
- More reliable products and services
- Measurement and monitoring on regular basis improves quality
- Reduce costs, speedy delivery and increased revenue
- Lower cost and better products adds competitive advantage
- Gain in company's good will and receive positive feedback from clients
- Pay less for safety measure audits